Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Top RP Sites
Cave-Net
Cave-Net
Latest topics
» Inactivity?
Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9by Venus Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 am

» Water, water rushing through (B.W. III)
Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9by So much fire Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:54 am

» I think it's about that time, again...
Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9by Jpzarde Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

» Super Smash Brothers Life Itself
Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9by Curlystop Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 am

» --Wadotix--
Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9by Hax4Ever Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabbot32
Spark of Hope
Spark of Hope
Rabbot32

Dem' Reps : 14

Character
Race: Mimiga

Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:43 am

Title. When we do the advertising thing and get people to join up, I think we should have a Roleplay ready for 'em. I'm thinking we start with a generic-style 'Town has X problem, characters are sent to fix it'.
What say you, theotherfourpeopleonlyoneofwhichiscurrentlyonline?
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic
Dem' Reps : 15

Character
Race: Robot

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Ah, yes, I might warn you that I never got any human reaction from Ben Stein or The Only Other User, but TOOU has been online recently, so... Basically I have no idea if anyone here is actually 'here'.

But yeah! I think this is actually a pretty good plan. You have any ideas for this besides the bones? I don't have any preference.

Edit: Wait. The topic title. The waterway is blocked, doh. More than bones. I can sometimes be a durp. ANYHOW, I think this is a fabulous idea.
Back to top Go down
https://cavestoryroleplay.rpg-board.net
Rabbot32
Spark of Hope
Spark of Hope
Rabbot32

Dem' Reps : 14

Character
Race: Mimiga

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:16 pm

The water-ways are blocked by something. A town raffle was drawn to see who would go and fix the problem. We'd use www.random.org to generate numbers and do something with them to decide the characters. I'd be making this shit up as I go.
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Rabbot. Rabbot. A dice roller? Really?

... You, sir, are my new best friend.

Also, we do have a chat. Drop in? Unless it's not working, then. Eh
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe
Dem' Reps : 1

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Why not instead making the waterway a one time problem, you make it a cronic one? Like every so often it clogs up or become infested with jelly fish, so that new players can have something to focus on right away, and old player can do the task to gain experience or rewards( or just doing it again for RP reasons). And on the subject with rewards, what would the basis for that? Would it be a set item(s)? Or would it change depending on how many times you done a quest(this one and any other staring rp you make). And would the rewards get better the amount of times you do the quest to encourage rp participation, or worsen to discourage rappent farming of items/money and encourage people to make/participate in other rp's?
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Well, there'd certainly be limits on how often one would be able to do a 'Quest.' I am thinking of implementing something along the lines of this, a reward system of sorts, but it's in the works as it were. Repetition would probably be possible, but would give less rewords if anything.

But, I love the idea of this being a source of rewards. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Quite welcome. I have a question, though: If some quests are repeatable, would the be the same as before? Or would they change in, I don't know, difficulty are scenario? An Idea I had was that you can make a starting rp start out as easy, then make it harder and harder for those that complete it, and getting better rewards that can beat the difficulty. There would be a capp on how many times you could do a quest sure, and the difficulty would have to be caped as well to prevent it from being too hard, but its a possible idea no of the less, and it would give a good reason to a quest again, as well as making a person work for it. Thought if we implement a difficult system and scaling, the question become what a starting rp/quest rp difficulty would be, and how would you raise it?
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:58 pm

You're going to have to start bullet-pointing these 'A question's.

Okay. No, the quests would seldom be the same. To answer all the questions in one, the quest would be hand tailored by a mod or admin for the group. Difficulty depending on both what the players request and the strength of the characters participating.

How's that for an answer?
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm

So good I have nothing to complain about (In particular to your answer)! Reward for answering question fantastically:  :HeartTri: :HeartTri: Kudos! :HeartTri: :HeartTri:

Of course, if the admin is FUBAR or missing, no one can give out a quest. Of course, there would be bigger problems if that would be the case ^_^ .

To add to your idea: Have multiple starting rp's that can be played once by new users, but can be repeatable( Like the pipes are repeatidly clogged, but they don't hire to people that already done it, for reasons).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway   Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway Hm170U9

Back to top Go down

Idea for a starting RP; Blocked Waterway
Page 1 of 1